Continental Chimney Company Painting and Coatings
Smokestack painting is actually a complex industrial process that may ensure the longevity and structural stability of steel smokestacks and masonry industrial chimneys.
In order to paint industrial chimneys and smokestacks effectively five things are preferred, but not necessarily required.
A preferred stack paint company will be concerned with:
1. Quality: Quality workmanship standing up to the test of time.
2. Product Studies: Paint manufactures and studies on the longevity of different coatings and paints as well as keeping good records on their own work.
3. Stripping and Preparation: Effective paint removal products and procedures.
4. Processes: Different paint and coating processes in relation to surface preparations for new coatings and paints and what methods may be more effective than others.
5. Maintenance: What is the best way to get the longest life out of coatings and paints before they need to be completely stripped off. Can a new coat of paint be applied?
Why should smokestacks be painted?
Older concrete smokestacks without protective coatings are often susceptible to rebar corrosion, causing structural strain, and in turn, compromising the integrity of the smokestack over time. Without practicing restorative maintenance, your smokestack is prone to several expensive issues down the line.
Smokestack upkeep helps deter:
• Rusting and deterioration of the interior rebar
Why Hire An experienced Smokestack Painter?
Although it may seem that a smokestack painting project can be tasked to anyone with the right tools, the process requires a highly-skilled crew with industry knowledge and experience.
Stack painting often involves sandblasting to prepare the steel surface prior to its new coating. Unlike many companies that rent their machinery, we own up-to-date equipment to effectively handle restoration – even in-house welding!
Following federal and state-mandated regulations to restrict debris from spreading off-site is a huge part of the job. In order to contain and dispose of lead, chromium dust, and spent abrasive during the cleaning and resurfacing phase, a containment system is built. We use dust collectors, HEPA filters, and a variety of large industrial vacuums to ensure the safety of the team, job site, and surrounding area.
Our teams meet the following qualificaitons:
• Specialized smokestack painters skilled with stack cleaning, painting, and repairing techniques.
• Assessment experts with the ability to provide cost-effective recommendations that restore and maintain the life of your smokestack.
• Trained to operate a variety of surface preparation machinery, scaffold, and build containment systems.
• Certified in lead abatement for superstructures and commercial buildings.
• Committed to an “Accident-Free” performance record, keeping employees, clients, the public, and the environment safe.
Where Can I Find Experanced Recommended Smokestack Contractors?
Continental Chimney Company has over 30 years of experience providing high-quality industrial painting services.
Our painting contracting is committed to maintaining OSHA-compliant job-sites that keep your personnel and equipment safe and your project on schedule. While your chimney is on or off-line our team is capable of following proper safety requirements to restore and paint your smokestack in order to maximize its lifespan.